Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Chumscrubber


Another one of my favorite movies of all time- the Chumscrubber. Its a movie about a seemingly ideal society decaying to human nature. It begins with the suicide of Troy, a feel-good drug dealer. Except, even though Troy is dead, the demand for his pills are not. The story essentially follows Troy's best friend, Dean, through a series of attempts to get the drugs from Troy's room because threats from a group of high school bullies. If you have not seen this movie, you should!

*On a side note- I realized that this was the 2nd movie I've posted that features the acting of Carrie-Anne Moss. This was purely coincidental. 

My question for you is- how do you feel about "happy pills"? Do you think its a travesty on society or is the only thing that may keep people from letting their negativity take over themselves? Or somewhere in between?

9 comments:

  1. never seen it before, I may watch it sometime though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. somewhere in between. Not everyone is strong enough to deal with issues. Some need that boost to not spiral down into the abysmal of negativity. +following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need to check that movie out. Also I think happy pills and I guess all pills in general are good in moderation, I've seen people withdraw that have had pills for months straight. Not pretty

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's not a single point in our history where we humans haven't used drugs as a wonderful sort of escape from our dreary lives. They have ups and downs. Not a black-and-white issue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't have anything against drugs.. chocolate is a drug too. It's all about having self control.

    ReplyDelete
  6. There are some fucked up drugs though. Like krokodil. :(

    ReplyDelete
  7. A tough issue for sure. People have been using sedatives and other mood altering substances since the dawn of time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. looks pretty good actually. happy pills aren't as good as satisfying goals or the feeling of real accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really liked this movie too, and other movies in the genre. I was recommended this by someone after I watched Donnie Darko. Anyways, good review, and interesting question to ponder. +1 follower

    ReplyDelete